Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sisterhood


    Last week we had our sisters conference, It was just amazing to be around all of the sister's in the California Santa Rosa mission.  there was about 40 of us there and I have never felt that much love and of a connection to any group of girls than I did them.  There is a link between all sisters and as the scriptures tell us we are all sons and daughters of God which makes us all brothers and sisters.  we are bound together because of our choice to serve a mission. Sister's are not required to serve mission's but can do so if they choose, our mission is full of Elders so sisters are few and far between. 
  at our conference we were asked to share an experience or a trial that we had on our missions and a scripture that helped us get through it.  the "theme" i guess you could call was inadequacy or weakness, we shared our experiences and the scripture, for every girl that got up and every experience they felt, I have felt, every scripture they shared was what i needed to hear.  I felt like every sister was talking to me.  I'm pretty sure that every sister in that room felt the same way.  some of the sisters shared scriptures from the Book of Mormon, Alma 7:11-13, Alma 40:11-12, the Bible: Matthew 11:28-30, Romans 8:15-18.
   In my family I am the only girl out of 5 kids.  for growing up in a family of mostly boys I am pretty girly and I have my mom and dad to thank for that.  my dad never let me mow the lawn because its a boys job, or pull weed's.  but i was taught how to clean the house and cook food.  It is something that I enjoy doing now (not so much the cleaning part, but having everything clean).
   I am so grateful for this gospel and for all that it teaches me to do. I am so grateful for all the sisters that i serve around, they all teach me so much, I am grateful for all of my past companions and future ones.  i have learned so much from each of them.  I love my savior and my Heavenly Father and all that they teach me.  I'm so glad that i was prompted to serve a mission and that i was called to serve in the CASRM.  I'm grateful for parents who helped instill my womanly nature.

www.lds.org
 www.mormon.org

2 comments:

  1. Sister missionaries are very special people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the gospel is true. I've never heard of an "online" missionary, but it makes perfect sense in our day and age. I pray you will do great good! I served a mission to the Fresno California Mission 25 years ago and am grateful beyond measure!!

    ReplyDelete