Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christ is our Light

 In the Book of Mormon, 1st Nephi 17:13 Nephi is commanded to build a ship that will take them to the promised land.  Nephi doesnt question the Lord, he just ask's where he should go to find the tools he need's to build this ship.  He gets started right away.  How often do we ask questions before doing what the Lord tell's us to do? I know that I am guilty of this... but I am repenting and striving to become more like Nephi and Moroni and more importantly my Savior Jesus Christ.  just doing what I need to do.  Christ tell's us that he will be our light.
13And I will also be your alight in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the bpromised land; and ye shall cknow that it is by me that ye are led.
    After they built the ship and they start on there journey to the promised land, Nephi's brethern start sing and dance in much rudeness and Nephi is bold with them and telling them to stop... Nephi's older brothers dont like this so they tie him up and he is bound for 4 days while this very bad storm is upon them.
Later on in 1 Nephi 18:15-16 Nephi says:
15"And it came to pass that we were about to be swallowed up in the depths of the sea. And after we had been driven back upon the waters for the space of four days, my brethren began to asee that the judgments of God were upon them, and that they must perish save that they should repent of their iniquities; wherefore, they came unto me, and loosed the bands which were upon my wrists, and behold they had swollen exceedingly; and also mine ankles were much swollen, and great was the soreness thereof.   
 16Nevertheless, I did look unto my God, and I did apraise him all the day long; and I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions."

what I love about this is that no matter what happened to Nephi, he was always quick to remember his Lord.  He knew that Christ would deliver him if he was faithful, and Christ did. 
  I know that if i am faithful and follow the commandments, Christ will be my light, he will guide me to where i need to be.  I love this gospel, and I am so excited to be a missionary! I love being able to help people see Christ hand's in there life!
LET US ALL LET CHRIST BE OUR LIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment