Saturday, October 30, 2010

There's nothing we cant handle without God with us.

1 CORINTHIANS 10:13
 "13There hath no temptation ataken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be btempted above that ye are able; but will with the ctemptation also make a way to descape, that ye may be able to ebear it."
   I was studying Corinthians this morning for my personal study and I read this scripture, I've always heard the saying that God never gives us anything we cant handle... and provides a way for us to bear everything we do.  I know this to be true.  There have been times in my life that i felt like i couldnt handle things or that i would ever get out of the situtation i was stuck in.  But the Savior provides a way for us if we will but trust him and know that he will guide us to eternal life.  This also reminded me of this scripture in 
2 CORINTHIANS 12: 7-10  7 And lest I should be aexalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a bthorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
  8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
  9 And he said unto me, My agrace is sufficient for thee: for my bstrength is made perfect in cweakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may drest upon me.
  10 Therefore I take pleasure in ainfirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in bpersecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am cweak, then am I dstrong.
  So this is Paul talking and he has a thorn in his side and he ask'd the Lord to remove it from him. we all have thorns in our side, it is to keep us humble, to help us and remind us to rely on the Lord in all that we do.  Paul says that he took pleasure in the infirmities, the persecutions, and was brought to his knee's and when that happen's when we are weak and call upon God, than he will lift us up and make us strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment