Thursday, October 28, 2010

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE!

  11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and aafflictions and btemptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will ctake upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
  12 And he will take upon him adeath, that he may bloose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to csuccor his people according to their infirmities.
  13 Now the Spirit aknoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the bflesh that he might ctake upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.
 
 
 This is my favorite scripture!! the first time actually read and understood it was with my companion Sister Darley.  She was studying  and shared this scripture with me and she told me what the definition of infirmities, infirmities are our personal failings...so every time we fail, Christ as felt it...every time we are sad, Christ has felt it, EVERY TIME we sin, Christ has felt it.  This scripture makes me think of all the sin's I've committed in my life, a song that i love says "which drop of blood did i make him shed? did i put the thorns onto his head?" I think of that often... the best thing about it is he did this to "blot" out our sins, and to know how to "succor" his people.  To succor is to run to the aid of.  Christ suffered all things so he would know how to help us, he is the only person who has felt everything we have felt, so we never have to be alone in this world.
   I am truly grateful for this gospel, for the knowledge of knowing that my savior Jesus Christ has suffered all things that he me be able to help me. as long as i follow him, have Faith in him, repent of my sins, renew my covenant with him weekly after i was baptized, i rely on the Holy Ghost constantly, and Endure To The End!!
 
for more information on this scripture please go to http://www.new.lds.org/ or you can chat with me on facebook www.facebook.com/sisterbrookkenemore.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment