Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's day!

  I love mother's day! I am not a mother, but I appreciate all the mothers that have influenced my life.  I can honestly say that I am not the person I am today without my mother!
  There is one mother I would like to focus on today, more so than any other mother, Mary, mother of Jesus! from the beginning of Christ's life, she knew that hard things would be coming to her dearly beloved Son.  She loved him Unconditionally! She taught him how to pray.  How to be kind to one another. She was there by his side throughout his entire life! Even to the very end or his mortal ministry. in John 19: 25-30 it says:
 25.Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene. 26.When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple Woman, behold thy son! standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, 27.Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home. 28.After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst. 29.Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth. 30When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

 As I read this, it came to my mind that the last thing that Christ had to do before he could "give up the ghost" was to make sure that his mother was going to be taken care of.  Oh how Jesus loved his mother. 
  I am so grateful for Mary, for her raising him in righteousness.  
 I am also grateful for my mother for her raising me in righteousness!  I'm grateful for all the sacrifices that mothers make on behalf of their children, from being a shoulder to cry on, to being a taxi driver, to a good listener! I say THANK YOU TO ALL THE MOTHERS THAT HAVE INFLUENCED ME TO BE A BETTER ME!  

2 comments:

  1. Not sure I have ever thought of those verses that way. Christ having someone look after his mother, amazing! Mothers are such a shining ray of love. I love mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOTHERS are amazing!!! And it was nice to hear from them this Mother's Day. We should be grateful and express our gratitude and love to them each day:) Thank you for sharing this:D iLove you!!!

    ReplyDelete